Monday, March 23, 2009

I Went All the Way to the 2

This morning, my youngest son Benjamin was on his way out the door to catch the school bus when he turned to me and said, "Dad, I went all the way to the 2." I had no idea what he was talking about. "Dad I read Mark all the way to the number 2." The Chapter 2 heading! Before he went to bed last night, he picked up his Bible and read the first chapter of Mark. We are encouraging everyone at the Springs to read through Mark between now and Easter, and had been talking about it at our table group last night. Benjamin surprised me by taking it upon himself to start reading on his own.

So there it is folks, if my 10-year old can do it, we all can!

Brad and I are commenting daily on each chapter on the Intake blog. All you need to get started is 5-10 minutes, and if you're reading this post, everything you need is right at your fingertips.

Read Mark online: TNIV translation
Read Mark online: The Message translation
Listen to Mark read: TNIV translation (requires free Real Player plug-in)

No comments: