Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Identity In Christ

Sunday, I issued a challenge for all of us to be reminded of our identity in Christ by reading passages of scripture each day this week from the "Who I Am in Christ" list on our website. Whether you were at our service or not, I encourage you to bookmark, download or print this list and dwell on it this week. In the Bible, we are constantly reminded by God that we are accepted, secure, and significant because of our position as children of God. It's a core belief of the Christian faith, but functionally, few of us live and relate to others as if it is true of us or true of each other. I love the quote from Neil Anderson at the bottom of the list: "The more you reaffirm your identity in Christ, the more your behavior will begin to reflect your true identity." I don't just want to affirm the truth of that statement, I want to practice it, and I hope you'll join me in doing so this week.

No comments: